Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I spent a week at the John C. Campbell Folk School attending a workshop on identifying and sketching trees in an illustrated journal, lead by Marilynn Brandenburger and Carol Parks.  It was a wonderful fall week and the workshop was amazing.  Carol led us on some great walks looking and learning about the trees, and Marilynn's demos really helped us make better journal pages.  I haven't had a chance to scan my journal entries in yet, but Marilynn has updated her blog with some beautiful examples.

While I was off identifying trees and sketching and painting them in my journal, my husband Steve was busy attending a glass bead making class lead by Bob Rubanowice.  This was Steve's second glass class, earlier this year he attended a glass fusing class lead by Beverly Fuller.  He made some really beautiful beads!

No comments:

Post a Comment