Sunday, December 11, 2016

Selling Handmade books

OCAF has a small but active group of handmade book makers who planned on having a booth at the OCAF Holiday Market, and they asked me to participate!  I have helped my husband Steve sell his glass art at shows and craft fairs, but this is the first time I was selling my own work.  One of the reasons I  haven't had the time to write a blog post recently was because I was busy making books for this event.

To start with I needed an inventory of books.  I made 2 versions of accordion books, three sizes of leather bound books and miniature book earrings.  Thirty books in about 45 days!  The next three blog posts will have more details on each type of book.

Leather books
Accordion seed books


To identify our books we tied unique bookmarks around the back covers of the books.  Each of my bookmarks included a quote about books and my art stamp with a link to my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment