Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Strathmore online class: lesson 2 part A


Lesson II  Brushwork.  

I set aside my Koi field watercolor kit and put the paints and brushes from my my plien air kit to use.  I used the round and flat number 12 brushes to compare wet and drybrush strokes.  Then tried some wet-in-wet techniques. 

Several years ago we vacationed in Colorado.  While there I took many photos of the beautiful landscape.  The sky and rocks at Red Rock Canyon looked like the perfect landscape to practice washes and brush techniques with.  

For a second photo I selected one from the mountains where snow was covering the sides of a hill and most of the small stream at its base.  



1 comment:

  1. Your paintings and sketches are all very beautiful!I love the flowers especially

    ReplyDelete