Thursday, March 22, 2012

Strathmore online class: lesson 3 part B

Ink drawing over top of a wet-in-wet wash.

Last week I did a few test wet-in-wet pages to see how the colors blend together.  This week I selected one to use as the background for an ink sketch.  I did a few pencil sketches on the facing page to help me determine the shape and positioning for the sketch.  The line of text refers to T. S. Elliott's poem "The Song of the Jellicles"

Belle likes to sit next to me (or in my lap if she can) as I type on the computer or sketch and paint.  She likes to chase the cursor on the screen, or my brush tip as I paint.  She does her best to add some adventure to what she must see as boring.  Not nearly as interesting as chasing bugs or lizards or scaring birds off the feeders!




No comments:

Post a Comment