Saturday, March 31, 2012

Strathmore online class: lesson 4

The final lesson was on creating a mixed media collage.  We had just returned from a fun flyfishing trip, so I decided to do a two page collage about it.  Step 1 was to gather items for the college. Step 2 is to plan the arrangement.  I had a few photos I had taken, some pencil sketches I had done on location, and some old line and hooks I had retrieved from the trees (while getting my own tangled fly back).



I did a watercolor of the river on the right page from one of the photos I took, and added part of a page torn out of my mole skin pocket sketch book.   On the other page I did a ink and watercolor sketch of the Alder limb, including my fly and float.  I added one of the flies and some of the line I retrieved, as well as a photo of a Trout Lily that was blooming along the river.

I had some problems with the fishing line and glue, but in general I liked the two page layout, the sketches and painting.



2 comments:

  1. Amy...

    amazing drawings...you are very talented!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of the trees in the background and how you captured the water, it really looks amazing!
    Also, I tagged you in a blog tag game! There is no obligation to play along, I just really love your art and wanted to share it with others. You can check out the rules on my blog and if you would like to play along that would be great!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete