Thursday, July 12, 2012

Seeing a flower

Our first exercise was to sketch a flower that Marilynn brought to class.  I picked a Day Lily, since a lovely clump of these cheerful flowers were blooming outside our cabin.  To get a better view of the flower I propped it up on the desk using my kneaded eraser and some tape.  The overhead lights cast a multitude of shadows, which to me seemed as interesting as the actual flower.

I finished the journal entry, then added some text and a nice border.  When I am immersed in the art side of my brain, it can be hard to switch over to language side.  I often block out a space for the text when designing the page, but come back and add it at a later time.


2 comments:

  1. It certainly is daylily time. Great job. i agree the shadows set up an interesting pattern.
    www.julie-annemcdonald.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have some lovely Day Lilies, and have done some beautiful paintings and quilts.

    ReplyDelete