It had been a record heat wave, but a breeze blew through the open window and screen door. During the day I could hear the laughter of fellow students, and at night the sound of thunder and rain. The cabin was a warm and inviting place to rest.
Lessons from this weeks class:
- Simplify; Use your mental back hoe to remove things
- Re-arrange; Use your mental sky hook to move the clouds
- Use a limited Palate
- Use lots of pigment; The paint dries 20% lighter
- Look for the light and shadow
- Sit in the shade when outside
- Sketch quickly; You can fix it when you apply the ink
- Take reference photos; Meaning more than just one
- Its just a sketch; More then anything else enjoy doing it!